Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sometimes you just gotta go Old School.....

Dinner and Drinks... it's a timeless classic.  There is nothing wrong with goin' old school.  Dates don't always have to be filled with an activity every second you're spending with each other.  It's nice to have a sit, relax and just be.  


Where To Go For Dinner?
My suggestion is go to a place where you can get a great gourmet pizza and a good glass of red wine.  There is just something about pizza and wine; it's a good Friday Night "I totally need this after the week I had" kind of meal.

My favorite place for a Pizza and Wine dinner is Pietro's Pizza on Walnut in Rittenhouse.  You can sit down, either by the window for people watching, or in the back for a more personal dining experience. 

If you want to order a bunch of appetizers to split, this is the place to do it!  They have fantastic Calamari (aka. Gah-La-Mod for you Philly Italian/Americans that make up words.  I got nothin but love for "yous"), Bruchetta and Mussels in White.  

Their entrees are amazing but I really go here for the Coal Oven Pizza.  The Pietro's Classic is possibly the most amazing thing I've ever put in my mouth (get your minds OUT of the gutter and ON to the curb).  This pizza consists of Smoked Mozzarella (Moozt-A-Rel), Prosciutto (Pra-Shoot), and baby arugala (they just say that).  It's heaven paired with a classic glass of Chianti... hold the Fava Beans.  

Ok, After Dinner Drinks.....Where To?
For me, this time of year screams FIRE PLACE.  Maybe that's because I grew up in a house that had a roaring fireplace October - March for the past 22 years.  

The Lounge at Ninteen in the Bellvue on Broad is the place to go for drinks by the fire.  Oh, did I mention its a room with a view?  Sitting on the 19th floor of the Bellvue, this lounge is filled with pearls hanging from the ceiling and a natural light you just can't fake.  It is especially beautiful at night, when you can see the city light up from a birds eye view.  My suggestion is to take in the view, but then grab a seat in one of the comfy chairs in the lounge by the fire.  There is something to be said about having drinks at a hotel.  It's their job to make you as comfortable as you'd be at home.  Win-win!

Pizza, Wine, and drinks by the fire... ahhh I can just hear the Foreigner playing in the background "I WANNA KNOW WHAT LOVE IIIIIIIIIIS".

1 comment: