Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bring a little heat to your Date!

I know when most people think of Latin cuisine, and tequila they automatically think Summer, Sand, and Sun.  But bringing that kind of feeling to a date in say November or December can really spice things up!


We Need Some Tacos....Rápidamente!
There are some really amazing places for all kinds of Latin cuisine around the city.  Anywhere from Cuban, to Mexican and some fusion menus as well.  But I love the small cantina kind of feeling when I think "Latin".  So for an intimate delish meal, I'd head over to Girard between 4th and 5th for Some Mole Poblano at Las Cazuelas!  The colorful building and interior will definitely make your winter depression say bye bye, if only just for a few hours!  It is a BYOB, so my suggestion to you is to do a bit of research on what wine goes BEST with Enchiladas!  Or better yet, grab a six pack of Pacifico!




Ok... Tacos were inhaled... now what?
What a better way to spice things up then SALSA!  To you guys who say - I could NEVER - I promise you this will score you big points!  Chicks LOVE to dance.  A man who can salsa with his lady will be one satisfied man, if you know what I mean!


After you're finished with Las Cazuelas, jump in a cab and head to BRASILS in Old City!  Not only do they teach salsa classes (which could also be a good thing to do PRIOR to the actual dancing date), but they spin Salsa, Merengue, Bachata!  Wednesdays they have $4 Margaritas... so take the day off on Thursday... even though I do NOT recommend getting sloshed if this is a First, Second or even THIRD date!


This was a short but sweet encounter, Philly... go get spicy in the city and report back!


**GA'HEAD BE MY GUEST:  I am looking for GUEST BLOGGERS!  If you live in Philly OR BETTER YET in another city, I'd love for you to put together a date in your hood for PhilaDate!**

No comments:

Post a Comment