Thursday, May 19, 2011

I think I'll have myself a beer

So many things Beer related are happening in Philly within the next few months... it's hard not to plan a date revolving around all these great events!  


Lets start in Fishtown... yea I said it, Fishtown
Steven Starr, will you ever retire?  I think not.  Starr Restaurants announced the opening of Frankford Hall, a very urban version of a traditional German Beer Garden.  It's located on 1210 Frankford Ave in Fishtown; very up and coming so I hear.  Frankford Hall has 9 taps with a great mixture of brews to check out.  My favorite part of this is, the food... you get it at the "walk up" counter.  Steven.... going so cas[ual], I love it!  The good is traditional German.  Although I have yet to attend Frankford Hall, I'm really looking forward to the Bavarian bread dumplings and Schnitzel.  





Its a Sprint not a Marathon...
This week is American Craft Beer Week all over the nation and June 3 - 12th is Philly Beer Week (but events are going on as we speak).  There are so many things to do downtown, who could possibly remember them all? Download the iPhone or Android App which lists all the events and locations.  


This Saturday, do your best to get down to Varga Bar this Saturday for the All-American BBQ featuring Dogfish Head brews.  There will be grilling outside, games and Dogfish Head beer... not a bad way to spend the day just before the world ends, eh?


Afterwards, you can head to the South Philly Tap Room for the 6th Annual Wheat Beer Fest.  They will be tossin out over 20 different Wheats from tons of great breweries like  Great Lakes Brewing Co. , Harpoon Brewery , Philadelphia Brewing Co. , Sly Fox Brewing Co. , Spaten - Franziskaner , Victory Brewing Company 






This is going to be a great next few weeks for Philly Beer Lovers... so many tap rooms, so little time!  


PhilaDate has spoken... go eat, drink and be merry... or just really drunk with this line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment